Skip to main content

Featured

Polar Bear

  © Sylvia Liu I had fun this weekend playing with Procreate, trying out the brushes and tools. 

Creating the Right Title for a Picture Book

My editor at Lee and Low is working on my picture book, A MORNING WITH GONG GONG. But now we are thinking of changing the title, because they worry that people will mispronounce Gong Gong (which is Chinese for Grandfather and is pronounced with a long o, not like the English word "gong").

These are some of the other ideas I'm playing with…. it's the story of a young girl and her grandfather. He teaches her t'ai chi and she teaches him yoga. What do you think?

Comments

  1. I think mentioning Tail Chi is good. Good point on gong gong but I am English so biased. I'm guessing most Americans would mispronounce it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The word- salutation- is used in both Tai Chi and Yoga, I wonder if you could use it in the title? Salutations for Mei Mei, Mei Mei's Sunrise Salutations... Just some random ideas! Can't wait to read this, it sounds terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts