Skip to main content

Featured

Polar Bear

  © Sylvia Liu I had fun this weekend playing with Procreate, trying out the brushes and tools. 

Yummy food


I can't take credit for this delicious goat cheese and roasted corn crostini in the foreground. I did fry up the tequeños in the back, a Venezuelan cheese appetizer from a Venezuelan restaurant in NYC (delivered by my friend who visited me over New Year's). Tequeños are fried cheese sticks that are filled with a soft farmer's cheese and covered in a buttery dough.

This was part of a Central and South American themed dinner at my book club. We meet once a month and bring food themed to the book we read. This month we read ENRIQUE'S JOURNEY, by Sonia Nazario, which tells the horrifying and harrowing journey that Central American kids take to cross through Mexico to come to the U.S., often in search of their mothers who have preceded them many years before, who left to make money in the U.S, to support their families back home.

Comments

  1. Yer killin' me here! I'm stuck at the library not able to eat for now. And those look so yummy. I don't know if I've ever had Venezuelan food.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts